RevEquip Builds Revit Projects
As foodservice Design Professionals receive more RFP’s on BIM based projects the need for a trusted source of document production has been created. It has been estimated that creating a Revit workstation including initial training for personnel can cost in excess of $15,000 per station. For consultants that depend on the productivity of their workstations and can’t carry the extra costs of hardware, software, and training having a source for Revit documents is welcome.
How does document conversion work?
Just as CAD technicians have converted programmed spaces from sketches to working drawings Revit technicians follow those same processes. Revit document production starts after the consultant (you) creates a programmed space, involves the client with thoughtful consulting, works out the ergonomics of the foodservice workstations, and produces an itemized list of equipment with model numbers. Our Revit technicians will then import your scanned sketches and place the specified Revit Family models into an equipment floor plan. From the produced 3D model we can provide walk throughs, elevations, schedules, and then can export the documents back as CAD plans for your staff for review.
- Revit Modeling gives the Architect and/or General Contractor the ability to check documents for object interferences. (Interference Checks/Clash Detection)
- What does it cost? Cost is dependent on the size and complexity of the project. Typically RevEquip works for a percentage of the design budget. For example, if only the Design Development Phase of a project is required in Revit our pricing would follow the percentage that the design professional charges, i.e. 40% - 45% of the design fee. All revisions included.
- How long does it take to get a quotation? We can provide an estimate for project development within 48 hours.
- What do you need to give to you to get a quote? We require a floor plan of the space to be developed, an itemized list of Revit deliverables (phases of development), and a time frame.
- What standards do you use when creating your Revit documents? We build according to the standards set by the Foodservice Consultants Society International.